Second Wave of Security Threat Published by the U.S. Embassy

893

On Friday, a second warning was issued by the U.S. Embassy in Kabul; this warning told Americans not to go to the airport and to avoid being in the gates, due to persistent “security threats”.

A second security alert was issued, advising Americans not to go to the gates and to the airport

The warning seemingly echoes the same threat as the first one. However, unlike the previous alert, a bit of advice was given to where Americans should go.


The Embassy likewise noted actions that Americans should watch out for, telling them to be particularly vigilant of their surroundings and avoid being in large crowds. They likewise told Americans to “follow instructions” coming from the local government, particularly restrictions and curfew hours.

Earlier this week, the same warning was issued by the U.S. Embassy in Kabul, warning Americans who desperately attempting to leave the war-torn region. The U.S. Embassy urged them not to be at the airport gates unless they directly received instructions from American representatives or people from the U.S. government.

The second security alert was published by the Embassy amidst the chaos and ongoing evacuation effort in Afghanistan, and only one day after the bombing in Kabul which claimed the lives of 13 U.S. service troops and left others wounded.

Meanwhile, Ned Price, a State Department spokesperson, mentioned that the United States had already brought to safety together with its partners, more than 100,000 individuals.

Secretary of State: United States has the capability to retaliate

However, Price declined to make remarks or provide estimates on how many hopeful evacuees will be left in Afghanistan after the U.S. fully withdraws its troops on August 31. According to Price, this is a question that is hard to answer, noting that they’ve already relocated over 110,000 people so far.

Price, however, emphasized that he does not want to sugarcoat the issues, particularly during these hard times when many Afghans are concerned and scared of the uncertainty.

Meanwhile, on Sunday, Antony Blinken, Biden’s Secretary of State vowed that the U.S. will retaliate against the ISIS-K terrorists, particularly against those who would pose a threat to America. However, in light of how the Biden administration has gone about handling this situation in Afghanistan, many Americans have their doubts.

Blinken likewise noted that America will be equipped to retaliate against these terrorist groups and will continue having the capability to strike against them, even after the withdrawal of all the U.S. troops in the region.

Blinken added that they will ensure that they will have the capability to act against these threats. However, he noted that it is not likely for the U.S. to keep a diplomatic presence in the war-torn country after the deadline set on August 31.